Monday, February 21, 2011

faith as a little child

Last night I got to go with Babe to his sister's house so that he could help give his (our) sick little nephew a blessing. I watched as my brother-in-law explained to Isaac that they were going to bless him by the power of the holy melkezidac priesthood and that heavenly father was going to help him feel better. Then I listened. I listened as-- in spanish--my sweet husband put oil on his little head, and Marco blessed him with health, that his fever would break and that he would feel better. Though I will admit that I did not know the exact words that were being spoken, Tears bured in my eyes as I felt the spirit in that room, and in my heart I understood what was being said. I couldn't help but look forward to the day when Babe can do that for our children, he is going to be such an amazing daddy...someday.



And you know what...as we sat there, Isaac's fever broke and he felt well enough to play with us again.. the priesthood is a powerful thing, and the tender mercies of the Lord are undeniable when we are willing to see his hand in all things.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment