Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First dance

ooooh it's about that time In all the recent craziness, I completely forgot to tell you all about a special moment (or couple of moments) on the wedding day!!
Moment #1
My dear sweet daddy made a slide show of pictures of me and my maaaannnnnn from birth to now...it was beautiful. At one point I went to practice my little song with Taylor, and when I came out, Babe was sitting on the couch in front of the televison where it was playing, with tears in his eyes, on his face and as we walked out to the car together to get something he explained his very personal, incredibly sweet reasons for his tears. I was and continue each and every day to be in awe of him. I am so grateful that I married a man who is so comfortable with himself, and his feelings that he can do things like that.
Moment #2
Babe and I had our first dance to "Marry Me" by train, and it was wonderful. After that I had my dance with my Daddy. I picked the song "In My Arms" by Mark Wills. It's the perfect song for a Daddy-Daughter dance, and especially for me and my dad. He always tells me a story about when I was a little girl and he used to rock me to sleep and says "do you remember when you were little and I used to hold you in my arms..." and so as I'm sure you can imagine it was an emotional thing already, but toward the end of the song he pulled Christian back out onto the dance floor and had him dance with me again and said "these are your arms now."At which point, I of course began to cry....
I'll never, NEVER forget that moment...
...and it just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment