Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet Music

A Constant Reminder
I would not feel right if I did not acknowledge what I experienced yesterday. Yesterday I witnessed the single most amazing memorial service I've ever been to. I've never seen such an outpouring of love for someone and their family. I was and continue to be in awe of the beauty of it all. The music was beautiful [Calee wrote the most beautiful song I've ever heard in tribute to her Mom and she and her sisters sounded like angels singing it! The Gray's played 'I know that my redeemer lives' and little Taelyn sang her sweet testimony loud and strong with 'I Am a child of God?'] Bishop Pat Moore and President Chuck Neilsen spoke about her life, and her faith, and her spirit and joy she put into everything she did was felt by everyone in attendance. At one point Bishop Moore asked all who had been in any kind if choir she directed to stand...it was amazing to watch a majority of the chapel and cultural hall stand. Rita truly put music in the hearts of all that she taught, and her influence will be felt far beyond the congregation that gathered yesterday. She will live on, as we continue to 'Sing for Rita'
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment