Friday, April 29, 2011

Daughter of a King...

sooooooo I didn't wake up before the break of dawn to watch the Royal Wedding, however, I DID watch it once I got to work. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Kate was gorgeous, and William's smile and the way he looked at his bride was absolutely adorable. You can tell that they are incredibly in love, and I am always, ALWAYS happy to see two people happy together!
BUT there was one big, and I mean BIG thing that was missing...I listened to the commentary, watched as the bride and groom arrived, the people cheered, and girls around the world saw Kate Middleton became Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge--a princess, and saw the ceremony that made it so, I couldn't help but notice how many "til death us do part"s there were in the words that the Archbiship said, and even in all that beauty it made me kind of sad. I couldn't help but think about the day Babe and I were married, and blessings of the temple, of the covenants that we are able to make there, the spirit that is felt, and the sealing power of the priesthood. There is no more sacred place to be than kneeling across the alter from the one you love, to hear the sealer talk about eternity, the eternity that you get to spend together, to look into those mirrors, and to see that eternity in them---



 I also thought of this talk, "Your Happily Ever After" by President Uchtdorf, in which he reminds us that we are all daughters of a King, we are in fact,"beloved daughters of Heavenly Father, prepared to come to the earth at this particular time for a sacred and glorious purpose.”Those words are true! They are not made up in a fairy tale! Isn’t it remarkable to know that our eternal Heavenly Father knows you, hears you, watches over you, and loves you with an infinite love? In fact, His love for you is so great that He has granted you this earthly life as a precious gift of “once upon a time,” complete with your own true story of adventure, trial, and opportunities for greatness, nobility, courage, and love. And, most glorious of all, He offers you a gift beyond price and comprehension. Heavenly Father offers to you the greatest gift of all—eternal life—and the opportunity and infinite blessing of your own “happily ever after.” He tells us that our "once upon a time" is now, and that through faith in our Savior and following our father's plan, "the day will come when you turn the final pages of your own glorious story; there you will read and experience the fulfillment of those blessed and wonderful words: “And they lived happily ever after.”
I love Christian with all my heart, and each and everyday I pray for the spirits waiting up there in the spirit world to come to earth and recieve their bodies, especially for the ones that I will be blessed to nuture, teach, and show the way. Even as I sit here at my desk in my office, my eyes brim with tears, and my heart is full of love for them. Though I have never seen them, I know that they are there, and I know in the deepest depths of my soul that they are meant for me and my sweet, sweet husband, and I can not bear the thought even for a second that I could bring a child into this world, or look at the man I married, and not know for a fact that they will be with me forever--even after this life!
And THAT RIGHT THERE is why I am grateful for my Savior, for the knowledge and testimony I have of his Atonement, for this past weekend in which the entire Christian world reflected on and celebrated his resurrection. He died, and rose again, that we all might do the same, that we--along with our families, may return to live with him again, and for all eternity.











No comments:

Post a Comment