Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In the News

There are some days in your life that you never forget. There are images that your mind holds onto long after they are seen. I remember being in eighth grade, I remember I was getting ready for school and curling my hair when my dad called us girls into the living room to see what was on the television, just as the second plane hit the second tower...

 I remember the reports...
I remember being sad, and I remember being afraid. And then, I remember the country coming together, I remember that no matter who you were, regardless of color, economic status, or religion, you were an american, and you were proud.We celebrated the heroes of that day, and we mourned those that were lost. We supported their families and eachother. We stood united, and refused to let those that sought to defile and hurt our countryman ruin our resolve. I say we like I had some big thing to do with everyone else in the country, but that's how it felt....We declared war the man/organization who were responsibe for the travesty and the loss of our people, and the searched continued for almost 10 years.

As I got into bed on Sunday night, I heard the news-Osama Bin Laden was dead. I didn't quite know how to feel. It is strange to feel a sense of satisfaction or justification for the death of any one person, but this was a terribly evil man. He orchestrated many operations that led to the death of innocent people. I wonder what the ramifications will be, however at the same time I can not help but feel a small sense of hope, a feeling that those who lost loved ones in those attacks nearly ten years ago can now feel even a little relief. Though I can not celebrate  death, I can look with hope toward the future...I can pray for our troops, for their families, and for the leaders of our country. I pray that we may be kept safe, and that we will all continue to be proud to be Americans...The Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment