Friday, July 27, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby!

I have been attempting to write this blog since early January. The one where I announce that I am indeed carrying a small human in my belly, and how I could not possibly be more elated with that little tid bit of information....but something has always gotten in the way....SO much has happened in the last little bit it is amazing, even now as I type this, the lil peanut in my ever growing belly is reminding me that he is there, and the time is fast approaching (within the next week and a half!!) that he will no longer just be a sparatic kick or punch, but a living, breathing little man that I can hold in my arms!

Let's rewind a little, shall we?

The last week of November of 2011 brought some sad news to the Wilson family. My sweet cousin Cole, my uncle Tommy's youngest son passed away at the age of 27. Even though our 'New Mexico cousins' as we've always called them live far away, our families have always been close, and when we all became friends on Facebook, it was easy to know what was going on in each of their lives, and to get quick updates, and have little conversations. Especially with Cole. He would never fail to send a quick 'hey little cousin' message if I found myself on in the middle of the night, and his random posts always put a smile on my face...they had edge, and I loved that about him! When we heard what had happened, we were all devastated, and wanted to do whatever it was we could to comfort and help our family that was so far away, SO my dad and uncle Larry rented a 15 passenger van, loaded myself, Kara, Grandma, Grandpa, Deanna, Chris, Suzie, Amanda, and Stephanie in it's seats, and we made the 16 hour drive to Hobbs, New Mexico.

The drive was long. There were frequent stops, and I would be lying if I told you it was all rainbows and sunshine, but we all arrived in one piece, and were so blessed to be able to spend those short 3 days with our cousins, uncle and aunt, and to give one last 'see you later' to sweet Cole.

Just the day  before we left I had gotten some BIG news. BIG meaning I was going to be a mom. Christian was going to be a dad. MY Dad was going to be a GrandpaI was going to wait to tell everyone until I went to the doctor, but they couldn't get me in until the end of the month, and I am no good at keeping my own secrets. I first told Kara when we were almost to Mira Mesa. I showed her the picture of the test I had on my phone and she started to cry....at our first stop I showed my dad the same picture, and he began jumping up and down like a weee little girl. It was the perfect reaction!
When we got home we anxiously awaited the day when the doctor would confirm what I already knew...so on the 28th of December, Christian and I headed over to Kaiser, and got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was amazing...I can not even describe how truly incredible it felt to know that there was a little person inside me.

Fast Forward...
The first few months were pretty rough. It was a great thing to have the bathroom so close at work because it became my best friend since breakfast and lunch rarely if ever stayed down. I threw up pretty much everything and ended up loosing almost 15lbs...but as my belly got bigger, and I got into my second trimester it let up a lot and I felt a whole lot better! 




Annnddddd now...I had my last weekly check up on Wednesday. Not dilated or progressing at all! Sweet Porter is supposed to be here next Tuesday the 31st, at least that's his due date...but if he's not here by then I have to go have a non-stress test, to check his heartbeat when he moves, and make sure there is enough fluid in there for him. As long as all is well, they will let him stay in there until Sunday the 5th, and if he still hasn't come we'll go down to Zion and I will be induced.

I love him already, each time he moves I get more anxious to meet him, to see his face and hold him in my arms. I hope that he will be healthy and happy, and that he will like to be held... but most of all, I hope I can be a good mother to him, I hope I can teach him all the things he needs to know to help him through this journey we call life, and to keep him holding on to that iron rod as tight as he possibly can.

So bring on the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment