Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to School

Well, we did it, we moved to Rexburg! 
Taylor, Delaney, and Andy drove up with us Saturday night and we stayed at Krissy's house in Salt Lake Sunday night before driving up to Rexburg on Monday.


 It's beautiful here, but saying that the weather is crazy would be a serious understatement! One minute its sunny and warm, the next cloudy and raining. [{ For example, one morning before we went to WalMart--for the millionth time since we've been here--we put Porter in shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt, and as I'm writing this the wind is blowing so hard that I've had to shut all the windows, and its started to rain}]
Our apartment is really cute, two bedrooms, one bath, and lots of closet space. I'm working on making it homey, hanging our pictures and what not, it seems a little silly since we are going to be here for such a short time before I head home to have the baby, but I want wherever we are to feel like home. Oh, and we bought a red couch that I'm kind of in love with the day we got here (pictures will come later). Overall I think I'm going to like it here, I'm ready for my first real fall and winter, I think...  
I'm excited for a real fall and to experience real seasons. I'm NOT for the three-ish weeks in November/December that Porter and I will be away from Christian <more on THAT later too> but I know it will all be worth it in the end.
Christian started school today, and he was pretty excited, I'm so happy for him, and SO proud to be his wife. That also means today is the first day in the last two weeks that Porter and I are alone for most of the day, as much as I sometimes still get nervous being his only companion for the day, I've kind of missed this time when I get to really watch him and see the little wheels turning in his head as he plays. There really is nothing better, or more difficult, than being a stay at home mom, and nowhere else I'd rather be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment